[ltp] T41p bluetooth

Austin Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:50:02 -0500 (EST)

The bluetooth chip is part of the Modem card (BMDC), not the miniPCI
card.  If you want to upgrade to bluetooth, you need to replace your MDC
with a BMDC (p/n: 91P7315  for T40, $88.75)  and install the bluetooth
antenna (13N5515, $25.00).  The antenna is on the lower left side of the
lid.  There is a punchout about 2.5" long where the antenna goes.  Wifi
antennae are on the top and right sides and are about 1.5" each.

Parts store:
ibm.com/shop/us/maintenanceparts

Hardware Manual:
www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-46464

looks like fun!

Austin