[ltp] Fw: tap to click w/ t40 and 2.6

Christoph Singer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:23:05 +0100

On 13.03.2004 18:24, ben lamothe wrote:
> hi, when i used to run kernel 2.4, tap to click functionality was
> enabled by default, but now that i migrated to 2.6 it is disabled and i
> am not completely sure how to reenable it.  i reenabled it before, but
> then only the touchpad worked while the trackpoint and another external
> usb mouse that i use stopped functioning.

recently I tried kernel 2.6 on my R40 and had the same problem. I got it
working by adding an additional "InputDevice" section for a second mouse
device in XF86config.
In kernel 2.4, both touchpad and trackpoint work (even including the
middle mouse button) with a single "InputDevice" section for the
"synaptics" driver.
In kernel 2.6 I need a second mouse InputDevice section, my XF86Config
looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
   Driver    "synaptics"
   Identifier    "Mouse[1]"
   Option    "Device"    "/dev/psaux"
   ... (other synaptics options)
   Option    "SHMConfig" "on"
#  Option   "Repeater"  "/dev/ps2mouse"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
   Driver       "mouse"
   Identifier   "Mouse[2]"
   Option       "Device" "/dev/mouse"
   Option       "Name" "Autodetection"
   Option       "Protocol" "ps/2"
   Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
   InputDevice  "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
   InputDevice  "Mouse[2]" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

With this config, both trackpoint and touchpad work with kernel 2.6, but
  not with kernel 2.4. For kernel 2.4, I have to comment out the second
mouse InputDevice section.

Hope this helps.
Christoph