[ltp] T23 keyboard locks up occasionally

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:47:31 +0200

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 01:49:52AM -0500, Julian Underwood wrote:
> I'm running Fedora Core 1 on an IBM T23.  Every once in a blue moon the
> keyboard and track-point will cease working.  The machine will not
> freeze, because applications will continue to run.

I've experienced this problem occasionally, though not on my T23.  It
usually occurred when I switched from a text console to X on my desktop
machine.  It could be fixed by sshing into the machine and issuing 'sudo
chvt 1'.  After I removed gpm these freezes nearly disappeared.

An interesting symptom was that the interrupt counters for keyboard and
PS/2 mouse in /proc/interrupts would stop increasing during such a
freeze.

Do you use gpm?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Writing setattr hooks properly is a black art. Writing persistent
setattr hooks is more like hearding bees blindfolded...
	-- Casey Duncan

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk--