[ltp] Good FS for laptop

René Castberg linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:21:06 +0000

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 21:30, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:
> What are good filesystems for laptops.  It strikes me that with
> essentially a UPS built into the laptop and the frequent journal
> commits in a journaling FS, ext3 and ReiserFS may not be the best
> choices.
>
> TIA,
>   Jeffrey

I started off with resierfs, that ended up being a mistake, i ended up
converting them to ext3. The reason for this is that the harddisk didn't
spin down much. I did some interenet searches and found out htat the
commit of reiser was not easy to adjust. The laptop mode patch was also
not very effective with reiserfs.
I am quite happy with ext3.

Rene