[ltp] Re: Good FS for laptop

Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:42:35 +0200

--8GpibOaaTibBMecb

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 01:56:07PM -0800, Peter Theunis wrote:
> Why is it a mistake ? I've been happily running XFS on both my T40
> (since august 03) and workstation (2 years). It has been quite
> reliable. When my laptop crashes (usually when I try acpi things or
> some wacky kernel module), the only thing that I *sometimes* have to
> regenerate is the /etc/modules.conf file (it gets borked in some
> crashes).

I've tried reiserfs.  It used to bork my modules.conf so badly on
crashes that the machine became unbootable.  I switched to ext3 because
of that.

So far I did not have any luck with laptop-mode or noflushd.  Supposedly
laptop-mode works with ext3, but I wasn't able to get the hard disk to
spin down longer than 30 seconds.

Marius Gedminas
--=20