[ltp] Good FS for laptop

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:03:00 -0500

I'd have to 2nd that on reiserfs, I have never had any filesystem
problems of any kind at all on reiserfs filesystems. And I do think that
a journaling filesystem is appropriate for laptops, I've had a lot more
laptop crashes than any other kind. My desktop linux boxes crash maybe
once a month, tops, but the laptop is getting locked up or whatever on
at least a weekly basis, and a lot more often when monkeying with new
kernels etc. I never had performance issues with reiserfs either, and V4
is MUCH faster than ext3 for most applications.

--
Tod Harter
Principal Developer