[ltp] Good FS for laptop

Jeffrey Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 02:42:35 -0600

Quoting Hendrik Seffler <hendrik@filmateleven.de>:
> Jeffrey Taylor <linux-tp@austinblues.dyndns.org> schrieb:
>
> > essentially a UPS built into the laptop and the frequent journal
> > commits in a journaling FS, ext3 and ReiserFS may not be the best
> > choices.
>
> Have you tried the laptop-mode-patch yet? It works fine for me and the
> patch includes a script to modify commit-intervals when you go to
> battery-mode. I am using ext3 on a TP600E.

I intend to, long-term.  Short-term, I am running a beta version and
the software developers get a little short with people running custom
kernels.  I understand their point, they are trying to produce a new
beta every couple of weeks and the ship date has been announced.  I'm
trying to gather data/experience, since I am doing a clean install
every couple of weeks and have the opportunity to redo the FS
decision.

Thanks,
  Jeffrey