[ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - Linux Install Information

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:59:47 +0100

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 16:51:45 +0000, Adam Southerland wrote:
> >From: "Philippe Corboz" <philippe.corboz@pop.agri.ch>
> >To: <linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org>
> >Subject: Re: [ltp] Thinkpad 760XL - Linux Install Information
> >Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 16:37:20 +0100

[...]

> >I got a mini-mini-mini system now booting off said partition, all is
> >well in text mode, but I get no framebuffer ... and I want that for
> >X11.
> >
> >Now, since fbdev must (apparently) be compiled into the kernel,
> >would the conclusion be appropriate that I need to use another
> >kernel?
> >
> >If yes, is there a way around building my own? Any ideas?

This won't help if you want to use VESA framebuffer. This requires a
VESA BIOS 2.0, but at least the one in my 765L is older than 2.0. All
you can get is a vga16 framebuffer: 640x480 screen with 16 colours.

Regards,
Tino