[ltp] My Cisco wireless issue

Morris, Joseph C linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:29:32 -0500

Hi everybody! I'm new to this list, and I'm a new owner of an R40. =
Everything from power management to the finest details work beautifully, =
except wireless. I ordered this laptop with a Cisco wireless card =
(mini-pci). I've wrestled with this thing quite a bit, and my ability to =
connect to my university's wireless network is touchy.  Sometimes, I can =
get a connection, sometimes dhcpcd just hangs for a while and connects, =
and sometimes it just doesn't get a connection at all.  Under Windows =
things work beautifully every time.  I noticed that when I'm in places =
where there are multiple access points (such as this school), that is =
has trouble connecting to any one of them despite specifying an essid. =
In areas where there is only one access point, things connect nicely. =
Sometimes putting the system into suspend and reinserting the airo =
module makes the thing work beautifully.  Anybody have any suggestions? =
I'm running kernel 2.6.4, but i've tried a variety of 2.6 kernels.  =
Thanks!

Joe