[ltp] [OT] Using Adobe Reader 5.0.8 under RH9

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:13:40 -0500

On Sunday 21 March 2004 09:29 pm, James McKenzie wrote:
> When I start the acroread program under /opt/local/Acrobat5/bin, I get
> the following error:
> Warning: charset "UTF-8" not supported, using "ISO8859-1".
> The "Aborted".

Sounds like a font problem.  Isn't the RedHat 8 and later default language =
set=20
to UTF-8 encoded by default?  Perhaps you could try settings your default=20
locale and see what happens.

Try

LANG=3Den_US
export LANG

and see if that helps.

Alos, if you google on the error I bet you come up with something.

> I do not want to use xpdf nor ggv to read them when using either Mozilla
> nor Netscape as they do not save to the .pdf format but rather .ps. =A0

Use ps2pdf as a workaround to create pdf files from the postscript output.
=2D-=20
/g