[ltp] My Cisco wireless issue

Dimitris Kogias linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:52:33 -0800

Joe,

There was a small thread here about a month ago re: differences between
the airo driver (bundled with the kernel) and Fabrice's airo_mpi driver
which was merged into airo.  IIRC airo_mpi doesn't have the problem with
multiple APs present whereas airo does.  Which one are you running?

FWIW I've used both drivers in an environment where multiple APs are in
range in addition to the one I want to connect with.  The airo driver
could not hold the association for more than a few seconds unless my AP
was broadcasting beacons.  Once I configured my AP to send beacons it's
worked without any problems.

My firmware version is 5b.00.08.

Dimitris.