[ltp] My Cisco wireless issue

Morris, Joseph C linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 22:57:21 -0500

Where can I find airo_mpi? Thank you!

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From:	linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org on behalf of Dimitris =
Kogias
Sent:	Sun 3/21/2004 10:52 PM
To:	linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Cc:=09
Subject:	Re: [ltp] My Cisco wireless issue

Joe,

There was a small thread here about a month ago re: differences between
the airo driver (bundled with the kernel) and Fabrice's airo_mpi driver=20
which was merged into airo.  IIRC airo_mpi doesn't have the problem with =

multiple APs present whereas airo does.  Which one are you running?

FWIW I've used both drivers in an environment where multiple APs are in
range in addition to the one I want to connect with.  The airo driver
could not hold the association for more than a few seconds unless my AP
was broadcasting beacons.  Once I configured my AP to send beacons it's
worked without any problems.

My firmware version is 5b.00.08.

Dimitris.