[ltp] So what _is_ advantage of 2.6 kernel on a Thinkpad?

Morris, Joseph C linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 00:08:23 -0500

I personally see no need for you to upgrade. With 2.6, I noticed a =
slight speed increase under heavy load, but I don't think you'll see too =
much of an improvement.  However, I'm stuck with a 2.6 on my R40, =
because it better supports my hardware out-of-the-box.  Keep you 2.4, =
and enjoy your stability.

Joe