[ltp] acpi sleep vs apm sleep

Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:04:32 +0100

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 00:58:31 -0500, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> I can get both to work but acpi sleep consumes much more power than apm
> sleep.
>
> I don't have windows see if this is a linux problem or just the nature
> of acpi sleep ..
>
> anybody know?

If you mean ACPI S3, read the kernel help for the ACPI sleep support.
At least in the 2.6 kernel, it is marked as experimental. Furthermore,
I found this at the end of the help page: "This option is not
recommended for anyone except those doing driver power management
development". I don't know if this is different from the 2.4 ACPI
implementation, though.

Regards,
Tino