[ltp] DRI and USB problems with 2.6.4-mm2

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:22:28 -0500

Well, I've been poking around on my desktop machine, which has fglrx
from ATI , the internal agpgart and 2.6.3 kernel (its a radeon 8500, so
it is not the identical driver to yours). There are a bunch of kernel
level memory locking issues, and they seem to somehow provoke USB
difficulties sometimes. I'm not terribly convinced that ATI drivers and
2.6.x kernels are really a very good match at this point. You might want
to try sticking with open source drivers, but I really am not sure those
are clean on 2.6 either at this point...

--
Tod Harter
Principal Developer