[ltp] which ram for my thinkpad 240?

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:12:15 +0100

Hi all!

i would like to upgrade the RAM of my Thinkpad 240 (not 240X) from 64MB
to 192MB. I openend it to find out which kind of RAM i need but the
onboard-RAMs did not reveal their secret to me and now i have to ask you
this probably 1000 times asked question.
I also heard about getting 256MB into it if you disable the onboard-RAM,
but i dont wanna screw anything up and 192MB will be fine.

Since the shops i looked for RAM only have 256MB-Dimms or bigger i will
probably get the RAM on ebay.

Now what exactly do i need?

Do i need a SO-DIMM ?
With 144 Pins?
Are all SO-DIMMS with 144 Pins the same?
And what speed do i need? 66MHz, 100MHz or 133MHz?

For example would this one
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2795174043&category=8127
be a right one?

Thx in advance,