[ltp] Re: So what _is_ advantage of 2.6 kernel on a Thinkpad?

Alex linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:29:28 -0800

--=-ktEVxqYwuLw/f3BJ6MwO

> Well, the mobo I'm using on my workstation now has AC97 codec for sound.
> I haven't experience with that on 2.4.x, but its pretty crappy under
> 2.6.3. Even with preemption every mouse movement generates an audible
> breakup. There are a lot of possible variables and its OT here, but I'm
> definitely going to go back and compare with 2.4.22 and see how it differs.

My t40, as far as I can tell, also had an AC97 codec via the intel
integrated sound, at least the alsa snd_ac97_codec is loaded. Just goes
to show all the trillion different variables I guess.

--=-ktEVxqYwuLw/f3BJ6MwO

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE><FONT COLOR="#ff0000"><I>Well, the mobo I'm using on my workstation now has AC97 codec for sound.
I haven't experience with that on 2.4.x, but its pretty crappy under
2.6.3. Even with preemption every mouse movement generates an audible
breakup. There are a lot of possible variables and its OT here, but I'm
definitely going to go back and compare with 2.4.22 and see how it differs.</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>
My t40, as far as I can tell, also had an AC97 codec via the intel integrated sound, at least the alsa snd_ac97_codec is loaded. Just goes to show all the trillion different variables I guess.
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-ktEVxqYwuLw/f3BJ6MwO--