[ltp] USB keyboard with T30 - screen blanks after 1 hour?

William Thompson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:12:47 -0800

Workaround:
  I had to use the USB mouse through the PS/2 port adapter to keep the
laptop usable.
 Otherwise I had to do the same thing you did, regardless of use.

  I too would be interested if there is a way to tell APM/ACPI that
there is mouse and keyboard usage from the USB ports, not just your
standard PS2 mouse or keyboard ports.

xset commands:
   To control Energy Star (DPMS) features:
        -dpms      Energy Star features off
        +dpms      Energy Star features on
         dpms [standby [suspend [off]]]
              force standby
              force suspend
              force off
              force on
              (also implicitly enables DPMS features)
              a timeout value of zero disables the mode

    For screen-saver control:
         s [timeout [cycle]]  s default    s on
         s blank              s noblank    s off
         s expose             s noexpose
         s activate           s reset

xset q (query) displays the following for my settings
DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 7200    Suspend: 7200    Off: 14400
  DPMS is Disabled
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  0    cycle:  0