[ltp] At a Standstill with 770z

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:48:50 -0500

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:27:29 -0500
Jon Flanders <jonathan.flanders@verizon.net> wrote:

> After several weeks of trying, I still have no sound or wireless with my
> 770z. I have even tried some commercial apps like linuxant without
> success.

I've not tried wireless netowrking, but sound works fine on a 770Z with
Red Hat 9, and my PCMCIA ethernet (non-wireless) works fine.  Have you
tried a distribution other than Mandrake?  Perhaps Red Hat 9 or Fedora
Core 1?

Note that I have NOT tried ALSA on the 770z, but the OSS drivers
(set up manually with sndconfig, use cs4232 driver) work fine.  (I'm
moving and my old 770Z is packed up at the moment, otherwise I'd give you
a copy of modules.conf).

This is for the 600E and Red Hat 6, but it shows you what settings to
enter for a 770Z as well (just look at the sound part):

http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4BP6Q6.html

Also, make sure Quick Boot is DISabled in Easy Setup, else you may have
trouble...

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/