[ltp] Getting Fn-keys to work with ACPI on a T40

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:57:34 -0600

Alexander Naumann <alexandernaumann@gmx.de> writes:

> With X and console, but only S3-mode, not the more power saving S2
> mode.  I am using the normale radeon driver and no FB.  But I am
> still working on suspend to disk, what doesn't want to work
> anyway...
>
> I still need help for the Fn-keys...

You might want to check my earlier posts, but for the fn keys, you
probably want to install acpid and edit (at least on a Debian system)
/etc/acpi/ to configure the power and sleep buttons.  Under ACPI, both
are handled by acpid.

Also note that under some conditions (might be fixed in the most
recent kernel(s)), acpi events won't be reported after an S3 sleep,
but if so, you can still invoke the /etc/acpi scripts by hand for now.

I have ACPI swsusp (to swap) and S3 sleep working here with the
caveats listed in my other posts (like having to modprobe -d ath_pci
in the sleep scripts).

Finally, I have a t41, and so I had to build my own copy of CVS X
(from a few months back) to get any support for the chipset.  This
shouldn't be an issue for the t40, but it might be a factor in how
well suspend works here.  (I'll probably leave that X in place until
Debian's plans wrt XFree86 get sorted out, and Debian's X has support
the t41 chipset.)

Hope this helps
--
Rob Browning