[ltp] No sound on T41

Alex linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:07:19 -0800

--=-wegqsNitom+IC9/NGQ9s

If you want to see the indicator bars under linux, look up the Thinkpad
button program (tpb). It should be easily findable on google, is
included in gentoo, and I'm running it now and it works like a charm.

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 13:06, Jeffrey Taylor wrote:

> Quoting Colin Bennett <colin_d_bennett@yahoo.com>:
> > I just purchased a ThinkPad T41 (2379DJU), and repartitioned to
> > dual-boot Gentoo Linux alongside WinXP. I've tried 2.6.5-rc1-mm1,
> > 2.6.4, and 2.4.24 kernels with no success. Also, I've tried both the
> > OSS and ALSA drivers.
> >
> [snip]
>
> Are you sure you haven't muted the sound with the speaker HW buttons.
> Try pressing the speaker up button and hold.  I don't see the
> indicator bars in Linux like I do in WinXP, but they work anyway.  I
> am seeing messages about dropped interrupts in syslog, but haven't
> heard any dropouts.
>
> HTH,
>   Jeffrey

--=-wegqsNitom+IC9/NGQ9s

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
If you want to see the indicator bars under linux, look up the Thinkpad button program (tpb). It should be easily findable on google, is included in gentoo, and I'm running it now and it works like a charm.<BR>
<BR>
&gt; I just purchased a ThinkPad T41 (2379DJU), and repartitioned to
&gt; dual-boot Gentoo Linux alongside WinXP. I've tried 2.6.5-rc1-mm1,
&gt; 2.6.4, and 2.4.24 kernels with no success. Also, I've tried both the
&gt; OSS and ALSA drivers.
&gt;
[snip]

Are you sure you haven't muted the sound with the speaker HW buttons.
Try pressing the speaker up button and hold.  I don't see the
indicator bars in Linux like I do in WinXP, but they work anyway.  I
am seeing messages about dropped interrupts in syslog, but haven't
heard any dropouts.

HTH,
  Jeffrey</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>