[ltp] ATTENTION T40/41/4*p OWNERS!

David Sudjiman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:41:22 +1100 (EST)

Not sure by the idea that "the fan never shutting off".

I'm using suse (while i'm still trying to get my debian work) and the fan
just went off after I did the shutdown command.

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, ben lamothe wrote:

> After an exaustive search of all forums and mailing lists i can think
> of, I couldn't find any solution to the fan never shutting off in linux
> problem, so I decided to give IBM a call to report a bug.  I just spoke
> to IBM on the phone about the fan, assuming that there was some
> proprietary daemon that controls the fan in windows, on how to get IBM
> to release the specs so a similar daemon can be written for linux, or
> better yet, for IBM to write a daemon themselves.  The guy on the phone
> told me that all that he could do was note it, and if enough people call
> in about the same problem, then they would issue a "re-call" and release
> a fix.  So, the best way to get this thing fixed is for everyone
> affected, and more, to call 1-800-IBM-SERV and select hardware services
> support and report that the fan doesn't shut off in Linux.  If enough
> people call in, then this problem will be fixed, so everyone please call
> in.  Thanks alot.

thx
.dave

It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential
programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of
regeneration.
		-- Dijkstra