[ltp] error 127 at boot time

Charles Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 06:48:01 -0800

> Hello, I have a IMB TP600, and MDK10, sometimes at boottime (before =
lilo
> starts) I get the message "127" , and the error page "Error 00127"
> appears, and I am to choose to reboot or test.
>
> Does anybody know what is this error about? I tried t find, but did not
> suceed. (it sould be connected to the mainboard, becasuuse when running
> tests, the main board test failed)

You can get more definitive information by going onto IBM`s site
and downloading the Hardware Maintenance Manual for the TP600, but
sometimes these errors are the result of a failing CMOS backup
battery. If you`ve never changed your CMOS battery, it`s probably
time.  BTW - if you have a completely dead backup batry, the
machine won't boot. Not fun!

-Charles