[ltp] Buying a T41p

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:27:34 -0500 (EST)

=09In my experience, some of the ATI laptop chips don't want to drive
a DVI display at 1600x1200.  If you have one of those chips, some of the
Windows drivers revs just won't let you go past 1280x1024.  Some will, and
you can force Linux to, but you get little green speckles scattered
throughout the image (some pixels are bright green inappropriately, and
may switch between their proper color and bright green or just stay fixed
at bright green).  Switch to VGA, and the problem goes away.  This
definitely seemed to affect the T30, and I think it happened on my T40p,
but to be honest it's been a while since I tried.  We kept hoping a driver=
=20
release would fix it for the T30 but it never seemed to.

Aaron