[ltp] Buying a T41p

Satish Balay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 00:45:17 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Satish Balay:
> > Then there is no strong reason for the T41p - you can get the T41 with
> > the high resolution display. (the big battery can be an accessory)
>
> Is it possible to get the T41 with a 1.7 GHz processor, or do I have to
> start with the T41p for that?  The T41 is substantially less expensive
> than the T41p.

Checking the IBM-US web page (with a 10% off sale) (1.7GHz ....)

T41  23739FU ($2,609.10)
T41p 2373GEU ($2,897.10)

For the loss of features (smaller battery - and non-firegl graphics
card ) - perhaps its not worth it. But that's your call.

But depending upon the models available in AUS - there could be other
choices - perhaps with the T40/1.6GHz models.

Satish