[ltp] how to get the best battery for my tp240?

Sascha Heid linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:17:17 +0000

Hi all!

I got a tp240 from ebay and im very very happy with it.

The battery is a 2700mAh and it runs max 3 hours with lowered display
and max savings and 2,5 hours with bright display and max. performance.

I have no clue how old the battery is and how much capacity is left in
it.

Now how do i get the best battery for it?

On ebay they go up to 3400mAh and cost 120¤.
Besides the unanswered question about how old this "new" batteries
really are i wonder if a real ibm-battery is any better.

On the ibm-website about the tp240 they talk about "new high density"
and "do you sometimes work 16 hours" and "with one battery charge" but
they dont mention the capacity of this super-battery.
In germany there also is now way to directly buy at the ibm-website,
instead you get a few links of some (shitty) shops who have some
thinkpad-stuff but of course nothing or the tp240.
I would spend more bucks if a real ibm-battery is really better. Maybe
it has the same capacity but the cells are higher quality and age slower
???
The price is almost double, 220¤!

I guess the best thing to do is writing a email to ibm and asking about
this battery and where to get it in germany.

Greetings,
Sascha