[ltp] Buying a T41p

Morris, Joseph C linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:32:34 -0500

As for the cool and quiet, last night I watched a video on Stanford =
University's website, and it was a presentation from the manager of the =
Hammer project.  He said that they noticed that a lot of things were =
going on   inside the core in a low power state that they hadn't noticed =
before, so the next version of the AMD64 should save many many more =
watts of power by cutting these things out.  Also, he confirmed that the =
Opterons were designed from the start to be dual-core, and that'll be =
interesting to see play out. I'm going on a tangent, sorry!

Joe