[ltp] Anyone successfully booted from a USB key (T41)

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:13:53 -0500

All my development for RUNT Linux is done on a T40 with an IBM USB 2.0
memory key.  So I feel certain the T41 is no different, since it uses
the same BIOS.  I was very happy to see with the latest BIOS update that
it would remember the boot order of USB devices.  I'd been wanting that
since I got the laptop.  In any case, it should definitely work.  Try
the latest BIOS if you haven't already, and look at the boot order.  It
should list the USB device, if it is present, as a USB hard drive.  I
make mine bootable with lilo, but there are many ways to make them bootable.

Joel