[ltp] KDE crashes but not Gnome after suspend

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:25:44 -0500

On Friday 26 March 2004 08:58 am, Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) wrote:

> Being a Linux user, not a trouble-shooter, I am kind of lost from here on.
> I suspect that the atkbd.c may have something to do with it, and I'm
> planning to report this to Mandrake. Any hints or suggestions on how to
> proceed are greatly appreciated.

Well, my desktop box reports those same type of atkbd.c and mtrr overlap
errors too. ATI's fglrxconfig script makes mention of some options it can set
in XF86Config to deal with the issue, so I suspect its not really a Mandrake
thing, though I guess it may be partly dependent on your exact kernel
configuration. In any case its supposedly 'benign', but you could try doing
some research on what options the driver can take, you may find the cure!

FAM btw is File Access Monitor, which supports an API for sending an event to
a program which subscribes to monitor a file on various types of access. I
know zilch about how it actually works, but I do know Mandrake uses it some,
apparently it just removes the need for certain programs of theirs to poll
the filesystem to look for changes.