[ltp] At a Standstill with 770z

Duncan John Fyfe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:12:08 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004, Jon Flanders wrote:

> [root@localhost jon]# cardctl info
> PRODID_1=""
> PRODID_2=""
> PRODID_3=""
> PRODID_4=""
> MANFID=0000,0000
> FUNCID=255
> PRODID_1="Belkin"
> PRODID_2="11Mbps-Wireless-Notebook-Network-Adapter"
> PRODID_3=""
> PRODID_4=""
> MANFID=01bf,3302
> FUNCID=6
> [root@localhost jon]# cardctl ident
> Socket 0:
>    no product info available
> Socket 1:
>    product info: "Belkin", "11Mbps-Wireless-Notebook-Network-Adapter"
>    manfid: 0x01bf, 0x3302
>    function: 6 (network)
> [root@localhost jon]# service network restart
> Shutting down loopback interface:                               [  OK  ]
> Setting network parameters:                                     [  OK  ]
> Bringing up loopback interface:                                 [  OK  ]
> Bringing up interface eth0:  xirc2ps_cs device eth0 does not seem to be
> present, delaying initialization.
>
> [FAILED]
> [root@localhost jon]# cardctl status
> Socket 0:
>    no card
> Socket 1:
>    5V 16-bit PC Card
>    function 0: [ready]
> [root@localhost jon]# cardctl config
> Socket 0:
>    not configured
> Socket 1:
>    Vcc 5.0V  Vpp1 5.0V  Vpp2 5.0V
> [root@localhost jon]# cardctl scheme
> Current scheme: 'default'.

I presume you installed the atmelwlandriver package (module and tools).

Would you check that the file /etc/pcmcia/atmel.conf has an entry:

card "ATMEL 11 Mbps Wireless RFMD Revision D PCMCIA Card"
version "ATMEL", "AT76C502AR_D"
bind "pcmf502rd"

OR

card "Belkin F5D6020 ATMEL 11 Mbps Wireless RFMD Revision D PCMCIA Card"
  manfid 0x01bf, 0x3302
  bind "pcmf502rd"

The latter used to work for me.  I've not been able to test the former.

You might also want to check your netowrk set up. The line
'Bringing up interface eth0:  xirc2ps_cs device eth0 does not seem to be'
doesn't look right if you are trying to bring up eth0 as the wireless card.

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,