[ltp] linux laptop (was: Buying a T41p)

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:53:33 -0800

I think it's coming sooner than Doc Searls thinks.

According to the IBM-ers I spoke to at SCALE last year, they have
plans to sell SuSE preloaded ThinkPads by the end of this year. IBM
Credit might go first with their refurbed off-lease ThinkPads.

And it's true: IBM moves slowly and cautiously. One of the guys at
SCALE compared how IBM moves to steering a supertanker. The switch to
Linux on the desktop has been in the pipeline for quite a while.

HTH,
Michelle