[ltp] T40 (2372-92G) and 2.6 kernels - pain will not go away

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:25:02 +0200

Alex wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 04:51, Bob Alexander wrote:
>
>>I thought I was a seasoned Linux/Thinkpad tamer (gone through 600X, 770,
>>T21, T23, T30 and T40) but this time THEY are winning 8-)
>>
>>Does anyone have a .config to share in order to get a decently working
>>machine ?
>
> I'm using a 2.6.4-WOLK2.3 kernel (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wolk)
> which is working beautifully on my t40 with APM suspend/hibernate,
> speedstep, madwifi wireless, ATI FGLRX dri, etc. etc. I highly recommend
> the wolk kernel. My .config is attached.
>
> -Alex

Alex,
please be patient.

1) Download a vanilla 2.6.4 kernel from kernel.org
2) Download the WOLK2.3 bz from sourceforge
3) place the 2.6.4 in /usr/src/linux (symlink to /usr/src/linux-2.6.4)

now the question: how to apply the WOLK patch ? Where to bunsip it and
how to apply ??

The rest should be at my level 8-)))

I am having a big problem now since I have deleted the
/lib/modules/modprobe.conf file and even if I have recreated with
update-modules (debian) at boot I get a lot of FATAL error not finding
the modules !!!

Thank you very much and take care. Bob