[ltp] how to get the best battery for my tp240?

Ferdinand Haselbacher (jr.) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:23:57 +0200

--x4pBfXISqBoDm8sr

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 01:17:17PM +0000, Sascha Heid wrote:
> Hi all!
>=20
> I got a tp240 from ebay and im very very happy with it.
>=20
> The battery is a 2700mAh and it runs max 3 hours with lowered display
> and max savings and 2,5 hours with bright display and max. performance.
>=20
> I have no clue how old the battery is and how much capacity is left in
> it.
>=20
> Now how do i get the best battery for it?
>=20
> On ebay they go up to 3400mAh and cost 120=E2=82=AC.
> Besides the unanswered question about how old this "new" batteries
> really are i wonder if a real ibm-battery is any better.
>=20
> On the ibm-website about the tp240 they talk about "new high density"
> and "do you sometimes work 16 hours" and "with one battery charge" but
> they dont mention the capacity of this super-battery.
> In germany there also is now way to directly buy at the ibm-website,
> instead you get a few links of some (shitty) shops who have some
> thinkpad-stuff but of course nothing or the tp240.
http://www.akku-gigant.de/
have a look at this page ! maybe the got what u want ! and there is also the
IBM-Logo on it !

or take a look @ www.no4ed.de and write an email to them and ask for your
battery !

> I would spend more bucks if a real ibm-battery is really better. Maybe
> it has the same capacity but the cells are higher quality and age slower
> ???
> The price is almost double, 220=E2=82=AC!
>=20
> I guess the best thing to do is writing a email to ibm and asking about
> this battery and where to get it in germany.
AFAIK if u buy a no name brand it's not really better or worse ! they are a=
ll
cooking just with water and therefore there isn't that hughe difference.
except for fairly new tp models with intelligent chips inside. but u can go
to www.conrad.com and buy spare cells and solder them together and put them
in your old battery case but have an eye on the voltage an Amperes and what
type of battery u user (Lion. Li-Mh, .....)=20