[ltp] T30 Motherboard replacement

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:03:49 -0500 (EST)

	Unrelated to Linux, but you might want to make sure they reprogram
the serial number into the BIOS.  Our T30 had both the bottom cover (with
serial number sticker) and motherboard (with BIOS) replaced, so we had a
TON of trouble digging up the serial number the next time it needed
service.  It's had no trouble accomodating the newer boards (two
replacements), though it's running Red Hat 9.

Aaron