[ltp] [not really Linux] Capabilities of the DVD drive on R40

Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:26:11 -0600

Yes. Though I created a bootable CD (which boots with DOS) just to have a cleaner OS - just in case... I'm not sure I'd want to use the command prompt (in XP) to do the flash. But maybe I'm just paranoid...

> > Note: Always use common sense when upgrading firmware. You
> may ruin the drive.
> Um, what's that supposed to mean, exactly?

Oh, just a standard disclaimer ;)  Don't blame me if your drive gets ruined because you did what I said... The steps worked for me, your situation may be different.

T.