[ltp] Syncing various data with a desktop (configs, bookmarks and such)

Tom von Schwerdtner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:45:43 -0500

There are a few things I've been wanting in terms of moving between my
laptop and my desktop PC.

1) I'd like to be able to sync some key items, such as my Epiphany
bookmarks and maybe my ~/Graphics/ or ~/Documents/ directories.

2) I'd like to be able to have some automagic mounting going on with my
laptop when it is booted on my home network.  I'm not sure where to
start with this but I would at very least like my laptop to auto-mount
some share directories if it can figure out that it is running on my
home network.  Ideally, I'd like my desktop to mount my laptop when the
laptop boots on the network.

I don't know of any existing projects for this sorta stuff, but I
thought maybe you folks might have some ideas or directions you could
point me in before I try to go out and blindly script some ugliness.

Regards,
Tom