[ltp] CD ROM Mounting

Matt Foster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:20:25 +0100

On Monday 29 March 2004 11:27, Carl Nygard wrote:
> I'm having troubles mounting any cd's on my T40.  This seems to have
> happened after I was fiddling with 2.6.4, so perhaps that's related.
> Can someone tell me what device to use to mount?  dmesg seems to
> indicate /dev/sr0, but that doesn't exist (anymore?).  I'm using
> ide-scsi.

ide-scsi is broken under 2.6 (at least last time I looked).  No need to
actually use it, recent versions of cdrecord and friends can talk direct
to atapi devices.  Turn off ide-scsi (probably just remove hdc=ide-scsi
from bootloader options) and all should be well.

Matt
--
Trying to be happy is like trying to build a machine for which the only
specification is that it should run noiselessly.