[ltp] Which distribution?

Jeff Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:35:47 -0500

Andrea:

I prefer SuSE. I have used Red Hat in the past. It also works. However,
SuSE is consistently more up-to-date than Red Hat. Also, Red Hat's
updating software is a cost item. SuSE supports Red Carpet. So you can
get a decent distro with on-line updating without paying the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux tax.

I am running SuSE Linux Professional 9.0 with the Ximian Desktop.
Everything is working as expected, and very stable. I have implemented
the Evolution email client as well. Very nice.

Have fun.

Regards,
Jeff