[ltp] Ill T41p

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:31:20 +0100

I've just been using my (new) t41p and it got to the state where the battery
light was blinking, so I went to plug the mains cable in, but by the time
I did the screen had gone blank, and now it wont reboot.

I've tried taking out the battery and leaving it for a few minuites, but
the power light just comes on and some fans and/or disks startup and the
screen remains blank, and none of the keyboards controls do anything.

I've also tried getting it to boot a CD, incase the screen is dead, but
hte main machine is OK, but it doesnt seem to be booting off it, just
spinning up.

Pressing the power button makes it switch on/off very quickly, much more
quickly that you would expect if it were running. A few seconds after
pluggin it in the battery light goes form green to orange.

Is there a hard reset I can try?

- Steve