[ltp] Documentation for the Thinkpad harddisk active protection system ?

Geir Thomassen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:56:50 +0200

I am thinking of the accelerometer which monitor the movements of
the laptop, and spins down the HD when there is a risk of impact.

See:
http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.html?i=1893&p=2
http://www.ibm.com/pc/presentations/aps/56/index.html  (flash)

I don't think this is a part of the HD. I think this is a motion
sensor on the main board, and that the "HD parking" is taken care
of by the driver.