[ltp] PM on Thinkpad T41

Micha Holzmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:22:56 +0200

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

Martin Man wrote:
> No hints or ideas, but just can confirm that on my T41p running sid, stock
> 2.6.4-1-686 with apm and powernowd I haven't heard the fan yet, frequency
> still at 598MHz and increasing only when make/gcc/g++ takes place...

powernowd was not installed, i installed it and get this error:

/etc/init.d/powernowd start
Starting powernowd:
powernowd: PowerNow Daemon v0.90, (c) 2003-2004 John Clemens
powernowd: Found 1 cpu:
Error writing file governor: Invalid argument
Couldn't get per-cpu data: Illegal seek
PowerNowd encountered and error and could not start.
Please make sure that:
 - You are running a v2.5/v2.6 kernel or later
 - That you have sysfs mounted /sys
 - That you have the core cpufreq and cpufreq-userspace
   modules loaded into your kernel
 - That you have the cpufreq driver for your cpu loaded,
   and that it works. (check dmesg for errors)
If all of the above are true, and you still have problems,
please email the author: clemej@alum.rpi.edu

- Kernel is now 2.6.4-1-686 (Debian)
- sysfs is already mounted on /sys

The only thing i do not found is cpufreq-userspace. There is no
package in Debian which is named like this.

Best regards,
Micha Holzmann

--=20

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l