[ltp] Replacing Intel 2100B with Intel 2200BG on T41

Austin Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 May 2004 09:53:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Eduardo Jacob wrote:

> I have a T41 that came with an Intel 2100B board. I was willing to replace
> it witha 2200BG adapter. I have reading several pages scattered through the
> WWW, and this are the conclussions... If anybody could confirm it?
<snip>
> 6) Once I open the whole think would it be better to substitute it for an
> 11a/b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Adapter although is a tad most expensive? Is
> it supported on Linux (Which chipset does this have?) Or for an equivalent
> cisco?

I switched the 2100B in my T40 for an IBM a/b/g minipci.  The IBM trimode
is based on the Atheros chip and uses the MADWIFI drivers.  I used the
drivers from CVS and they work fairly well.

Check out 	sf.net/projects/madwifi

and read the FAQ   	www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-faq.htm

Re the 2200BG, I haven't heard of any drivers for it yet.  Are they the
same as the 2100B?

Austin