[ltp] thinkpad 5.3 and tpctl 4.11 debs available

Didrik Pinte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 04 May 2004 17:08:57 +0200

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 16:50, Thomas Hood wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 15:53, Didrik Pinte wrote:
> > Paramétrage de thinkpad-base (5.4-1) ...
> > Group thinkpad does already exist as a system group. Exiting...
> > chown: échec d'obtention des attributs de `thinkpad/thinkpad': Aucun
> > fichier ou répertoire de ce type
> > dpkg : erreur de traitement de thinkpad-base (--configure) :
>
> The postinst is failing.  Do you use udev?
>
> If not then I guess there is a bug in the postinst.  I attach
> a modified postinst.  Please save it in some directory then cd to
> that directory and do (as root):
>
>     ./thinkpad-base.postinst configure
>
> Hopefully it will work.  If it doesn't, maybe you will have some
> idea of what is going wrong?

Yes i'm using udev.

The error is at line 21. I have a too small knowledge of udev and dev to
understand why. But, using udev, isn't it another way of creating new
devices (things in links.conf or ...).

--
Didrik Pinte <pinted@tiscali.be>