[ltp] where are modules to load specified? (actually: I don't want to load ehci_hcd)

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 May 2004 14:59:54 +0200

On Mi, 2004-04-28 at 03:06, T. Ivarsson wrote:
> I'm running Debian/Testing and a whole bunch of modules are loaded when I boot, including ehci_hcd and airo.  They are not listed in /etc/modules, and I've been looking through some of the scripts in /etc/rcN.d, but I can't figure out where the modules loaded are specified.  Where should I start to look if I want to not load some modules during boot?

You could activate the bootlogging (etc/default/bootlogd) and look
through /var/log/boot. Then you could judge, at which point of time
during boot these modules get loaded.

E.g. hotplug would be a good candidate and you might want to look into
/etc/hotplug.d/blacklist and add modules you dont want hotplug to
handle.

Greetings, UW(e)