[ltp] answering to myself-resinstalling from IBM recovery cds

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 May 2004 12:32:55 -0400

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 11:49 am, alejo.duque wrote:
> ok, now can someone point me to a howto for installing windows again, i did
> a partition for it, but i saw that the recovery cd has an option for
> reinstalling all from zero, meaning that it will delete all and i dont want
> to loose my gentoo install, na na, no way )

I will overwrite only the first partition, not the entire disk.  I have
re-installed windows several times from the recovery  cds without touching my
linux installations.
--
/g