[ltp] T41p, problem with an USB mouse, kernel 2.6.6-rc3, XFree86 4.3.0.1

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 06 May 2004 14:57:43 +0200

Hi,

I have two problems with a logitech optical mouse. During kernel boot
it is recognized as:

input0: Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse on usb 3:2.0

When XFree starts, I have:

(**) Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
(**) USB Mouse: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
(**) Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
(**) USB Mouse: always reports core events
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
(**) Option "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
(**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
(**) USB Mouse: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(**) USB Mouse: Buttons: 5

Everything seems to be fine ... BUT:

- The wheel does not work (it does work with kernel 2.4.25)

- I sometime completely lose it (i.e. does not work at all under X
  anymore ... while it was working fine 3s before)

- If I unplug it and plug it again while staying under X, it does not
  work anymore (it used to on my 570e)

Any advice ?

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN