[ltp] Changing gray keys on a T41 to Windows Keys

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 May 2004 15:01:42 -0400

On Thursday 06 May 2004 14:49, after a long battle with technology,
Daniel Jimenez wrote:
> I use my Windows Keys in KDE frequently and would like some on my
> thinkpad. I thought about using the two gray keys (I assume they are
> for back and forward) for windows keys.
>
> Is there anyway to do this? Xmodmap lets me reprogram the key, but
> holding down the key sends 100s of keypresses instead of just one
> like holding down control.

The key (whatever it is) is set to autorepeat.  Use xev to find the
keycode for the key, then "xset -r $KEYCODE" to set autorepeat off.
You'll want to put the xset commands in a script in your
~/.kde/Autostart/ directory once you've figured out what they are.

--
  Observe the haggis carefully for at least one minute.  If you see any
  movement, take out your revolver and shoot the haggis until it stops