[ltp] T41p, problem with an USB mouse, kernel 2.6.6-rc3, XFree86 4.3.0.1

Rolando Martinez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 06 May 2004 19:21:42 -0400

Similar problem here:

Microsoft Optical Mouse, sometimes it simply stops working and then I
have to un-plug it and everything works ...

Kernel 2.6.5

But the wheel works just fine ....

dmesg:

input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Microsoft Microsoft 3-Button Mouse with
IntelliEye(TM)] on usb-0000:00:1d.1-1

El jue, 06-05-2004 a las 08:57, Fran=E7ois Fleuret escribi=F3:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have two problems with a logitech optical mouse. During kernel boot
> it is recognized as:
>=20
> input0: Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse on usb 3:2.0
>=20
> When XFree starts, I have:
>=20
> (**) Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
> (**) USB Mouse: Protocol: "ImPS/2"
> (**) Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
> (**) USB Mouse: always reports core events
> (**) Option "Device" "/dev/usbmouse"
> (**) Option "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
> (**) Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> (**) USB Mouse: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
> (**) USB Mouse: Buttons: 5
>=20
> Everything seems to be fine ... BUT:
>=20
> - The wheel does not work (it does work with kernel 2.4.25)
>=20
> - I sometime completely lose it (i.e. does not work at all under X
>   anymore ... while it was working fine 3s before)
>=20
> - If I unplug it and plug it again while staying under X, it does not
>   work anymore (it used to on my 570e)
>=20
> Any advice ?
>=20
> --=20
> Fran=E7ois Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN
--=20
Rolando Martinez
mail@rolandomartinez.com
http://www.rolandomartinez.com