[ltp] Re: apm on an R40 with 2.6.4

Ari Pollak linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 May 2004 16:05:59 -0400

> I've been trying around a little bit more. My first problem (after 5
> minutes of idling, my machine dies) can be reproduced by pressing Fn+F3.
> I've looked through all manuals I could find in search of a 'secret' key
> combination to wake my machine up again, but I couldn't find anything
> (the manuals say: Press Fn to wake your machine up. This does not work,
> though) Well, I'll try work around this problem within the BIOS.

I have the same problem with standby (Fn+F3 or DPMS/APM in X) on a
Thinkpad T41. The computer doesn't freeze, but resuming after standby
under X doesn't unblank the screen. I can usually get around an
accidental standby without rebooting by suspending & resuming, which
usually will restore the display fine. It also seems that if I switch to
a vt before going tinto standby, it will resume just fine.