[ltp] T41 high-pitched noise

Frederik Wagner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 10:00:26 +0200

On Fri, 07 May 2004 21:11:50 +0200
siobhans <Siobhan.Johansson.9240@student.uu.se> wrote:

> Hello!
> I have a similar problem, but with a thinkpad T22. This high pitched noise
> occurs when:
> a) the ac is plugged in
> b) when the thinkpad has been turned off, after running XP

I was playing around a bit more and found out that the noise volume reduces, when I throttle the cpu or set down the frequency, but it never really disappears when connected to ac. Only when I let the lapton run under full cpu load it's not audible (not because of the fan starting to turn ;-)...
The point is that I really can't explain why there is no noise under XP in any case...

Bye,
	Frederik!